Every phone has an option of hiding apps. This function is useful when you don’t plan to delete a program, but want to hide it for some reason. However, the following question arises – how to view hidden apps on the iPhone? Don’t worry, there are several ways to achieve this.
And before you find out how to unhide apps on the iPhone, let’s figure out how to hide them.
The basic way on how to hide and unhide apps on the iPhone
You can hide downloaded apps from the App Store. This creates the impression that a program has never been downloaded before. To do this, take the following steps:
- Enter the App Store
- Go to the “Updates”
- Click on your account icon
- Press the «Purchased» tab
- Find the app you want to hide
- Drag the app tab to the left
- Click on the “Hide” icon.
Done. The application is hidden. Now let’s see how to show hidden apps on the iPhone.
To view all applications hidden in this way, you should:
- Open the App Store
- Go to the “Updates”
- Press your account icon
- Click on your Apple account
- Click on “Hidden Purchases
- Find the application you want to unhide
One more way on how to hide and unhide apps on the iPhone
Sometimes you may need to hide certain apps so that they don’t appear on the main screen. This method is suitable if you don’t want other people to see any application installed on your iPhone.
For this, you have to hide a program in a folder on the desktop:
Step 01. Find the app that you want to hide
Step 02. Create a folder on the desktop in which you will hide your apps
- Select the applications
- Press and hold down the program icon until you feel a slight vibration. All icons begin to jiggle from side to side and a small cross will appear above each app.
- Hold down the app icon and drag it onto another app icon to move them into the folder.
Step 03. Drag the necessary application into the folder
Step 04. Move the application to the second page of the folder
- Press and hold down the program icon until you feel a slight vibration. All icons begin to swing from side to side and a small cross will appear above each program.
- Drag the icon to the right side of the folder
- Release the icon и press the “Home” button
After all of these actions the necessary app will be placed far away in the folder. Thus, it will be hidden from your eyes.
If you want to bring the app back on the home screen, then you should perform the reverse procedure - move the application from the folder to the home screen.
In order to unhide such an app, first you need to find it on your iPhone. There are two ways to do that.
You may remember the folder location and find it by yourself.
However, if you don’t want to search for an app in the folder, there is a more convenient and quick way to view hidden apps on the iPhone. For this, just use the ‘Spotlight’ search. Here’s how:
Step 01. Open the main screen
Step 02. Swipe down with your finger from the middle of the screen
Step 03. In the search box, enter the name of the app which you are looking for
Step 04. Open the application
Now you may run and use your application, while keeping it hidden from others. This is the most popular method of finding any apps.
We have told you about the easiest ways on how to unhide hidden apps on the iPhone. Try them out on your device. Follow the instructions and you will succeed.