The use of Voicemail allows you to not miss important calls and save time on communication. But there are times when some voice mails are unwanted, or you simply want to delete a group of messages to free up space on your iPhone. Then the question is how to clear Voicemail on the iPhone?
To remove a voice mail on the iPhone, follow these steps:
- Go to the "Phone" application
- Select the “Voicemail” icon in the bottom menu of the application (it is located in the right side of the menu bar).
- Choose the message you want to delete in the opened window. Information about the entry, its scrollbar, as well as action buttons will be displayed on your iPhone screen.
- Click on “Delete”.
If you want to delete several voicemail messages at once, without having to open each entry separately, proceed as follows:
- Go to the “Voicemail” tab of the “Phone” application, as we described above.
- Find the “Edit” button in the upper right corner and click on it.
- Select the checkbox next to the messages you want to remove
- Confirm your selection by clicking the “Delete” button in the lower right of your screen.
Another way to delete any voicemail entry one by one is to swipe it from right to left
- The “Delete” button will appear next to the selected message. Click on it to remove the chosen entry.
Please note that when deleting one or more entries from the list of incoming voicemail messages, some operators remove them incompletely.
In fact, they are sent to a storage of deleted messages, where they will still be available for recovery for some time.
The retention period of deleted entries depends on your operator. You can view and even restore deleted messages.
If this feature is available to you, then you will see the “Deleted Messages” section in your Voicemail application.
How to clear Voicemail on the iPhone permanently
Here are the steps to follow:
- In the Voicemail tab, find the "Deleted Messages" button. Click on it to open a list of deleted entries.
Make sure that there are no important messages in the list appeared because after the final removal, it will be impossible to restore them.
- Find the active “Clear all” inscription in the upper right corner of the screen. Select this item to clear all voicemail messages.
Now you are aware of how to clear Voicemail on the iPhone. This can be done in just a few simple steps. It is only necessary to remember that such a removal is possible with subsequent recovery and without it. Following the instructions described above, you can easily figure out which option is right for you.