We all know about the Skype application for computers and smartphones. But what is Skype for Business?
Skype for Business is an application from Microsoft. The difference between the programs is that the business version allows arranging online meetings for up to 250 people while the standard application supports video calls for only 20 users.
In addition, Skype for Business offers an improved degree of corporate security. And business network owners can create, edit and view accounts of their subordinates.
Today, we will learn more about the functionality of this application. Namely, we’ll talk about how to block someone on Skype for Business.
A blocked user will not be able to call you, send messages via Skype, and he/she also will not see your status in the app. You can block, for example, a spammer, i.e., a person who sends inappropriate content. Or you can block anyone you don’t want to chat with.
How to block someone from your contact list on Skype for Business
To block a person from your contact list, follow the instructions:
- Step 1. Open Skype on your phone:
- Step 2. Open your contacts:
- Step 3. Find the person you want to block:
- Step 4. Hold the line with a person’s name until such a window appears:
- Step 5. Select the “View profile” item:
- Step 6. Scroll the list to the bottom to the “Block contact” line:
- Step 7. Click on “Block contact”:
- Step 8. Confirm blocking:
You can report them if you know that the person violates the community guidelines. So, moderators will be able to immediately track the activities of this account, and in the case of confirmation of a violation, they will completely block his/her page.
This is one of the ways to block someone on Skype for Business. This method explains how you can block a person who is already in your contacts.
How to block any user on Skype for Business through chats
To do this, carry out the following instructions:
- Step 1. Open “Chats”:
- Step 2. Open a dialogue with the person you want to block:
- Step 3. Click on the person’s name:
- Step 4. Find the “Block contact” line:
- Step 5. Confirm blocking the account:
How to block a new contact immediately on Skype for Business
Let’s imagine that a new person is writing or calling you, and you immediately want to add him/her to the blacklist. In this case, you can block him/her immediately in the “Chats” section.
- Step 1. Open “Chats”:
- Step 2. Click on the dialogue with the subscriber and hold it:
- Step 3. Click on the “Block” icon:
And the blocked contact will not be displayed in your chat list, and he/she will also be deleted from your contacts. As a result, the person will no longer be able to call you and send an instant message.
Now, you know all ways to block someone on Skype for Business. Choose the most convenient for you and, following the instructions, you can block the user on your Skype.