Sooner or later, we all have to protect ourselves from unwanted calls and messages. Either it’s an annoying person or persistent advertising - all this distracts us from our current tasks and activities. So, the users of Apple devices often wonder - how to block someone on iMessage on Mac.
In order to block a contact on iMessage, you should carry out a few simple steps which are described below:
- First of all, launch the Messages application on your Mac
- After starting the app, find the “Preferences” item in the top panel of the Messages tab.
- The window with your account data will open. Select the “Blocked” tab as shown below:
- In the opened list, you will see the contacts you had blocked earlier (if there were any), including those that are blocked on your other Apple devices.
- To block the contact you have in your address book, just click on the “+” sign in the bottom left corner of the window, select the desired person and confirm your choice.
If the contact you want to block is not in your address book, you have to add it first.
- To do this, go to the "Contacts" application on your Mac, click on "+" icon at the bottom of the window and add the phone number of the subscriber you want to block.
- Save that number. Now you can block it.
There is also a situation when your goal is not to block someone on iMessage on your Mac, but rather to protect yourself from unnecessary notifications during the time when you do not want to be distracted by a certain person.
In this case, the “Do Not Disturb” option can be very useful.
Thanks to it, a unwanted person will not be blocked completely, however you will neither see nor hear any notifications about received messages until you log into the iMessage application.
To turn on the Do Not Disturb feature on iMessage, do the following:
- Go to the iMessage app
- Select a message from the user, who is your “unwanted contact”.
- The message itself will be displayed in the right part of the window, and at the top of it you will find the "Details" button. Click on it
- In the pop-up window, you can see the user’s phone number, as well as the “Do Not Disturb” item. Check the box next to it and exit the application.
That's it, now this contact is added to the list of restrictions, and you will not receive any notifications when messages come from him.
As you can see, with the development of technology, the issue of blocking contacts on Apple devices can be solved very quickly.
In order to stop getting messages or notifications, you just need to carry out a few simple steps.
Using the instructions given in our article, the question of how to block someone on iMessage on Mac comes down to a few simple clicks.