iTunes is the most popular application for searching and downloading music among iPhone users. Despite all the ease of use, this application can cause a number of questions, the bulk of which is associated with the app synchronization on various devices. For example, you can copy music from iTunes to iPhone without syncing the entire device.
So, how to transfer music from iTunes to iPhone without syncing
How to add music from iTunes to iPhone without syncing via the USB cable
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using the USB cable. The direct connection via cable is required only once, and all steps can be performed using Wi-Fi in the future.
- Start iTunes on your laptop or computer manually (the operating system does not matter), if this did not happen automatically. In most cases, the program will run itself after connecting the phone via the cable.
- In the first connection of your phone to a computer, you need to give permission for iTunes to access the phone. To do this, you should confirm the access from the phone or enter the appropriate code in the application field on the computer.
- After successfully connecting the phone to the computer, find your iPhone in the iTunes sidebar (in the “Devices” menu). If there is no sidebar in the iTunes window displayed, click “View” -> “Show Sidebar”.
- Select your phone in the list of devices by clicking with the right mouse button, and click “General” in the submenu appeared. The following information about your device will appear: the total memory, the amount of utilized memory, and options for settings.
- Scroll down to the “Options” menu, and check the boxes as shown in the screenshot: uncheck the box “Automatically sync when this iPhone is connected”, and check the boxes “Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi” and “Manually manage music and video”.
- After the settings having been performed, click “Apply” at the bottom of the window or when exiting this menu, according to the previous paragraph.
- Go to the “Music” section and find the desired album or song.
- Send the desired file to your phone by simply using drag-and-drop. The file will be added to the iPhone after the copying process is completed (follow the copy status at the top of the window).
- After the transfer is complete, you can disconnect the cable, and in the future, to copy music from iTunes to iPhone without syncing, you will not need it.
So, you have learned how to transfer music from iTunes to iPhone without syncing. This does not require special knowledge. It is enough to perform a few simple steps on the instruction proposed.